Posted by : Unknown Monday 30 September 2013





Task

For today’s lecture, we had a Development & pitch day session.
The whole idea of this was, as a table or group, you discuss your ideas for the story you’ve created called “The Meeting” in order to give and receive feedback about how you could improve your story to then later adapt into a screenplay.


The idea that I had chosen and pitched to both the groups I was in received really good feedback. When I explained the summary of my story, I received good advice on how I could improve my expanded pitch, which also helped me to improve the reason as to how my characters where meeting. Where I was pretty sure that I had a solid story before I had the group discussions, the groups helped me to further improve the story that I had created by adding an established set up into my story brief, because, the original story brief I wrote did not give reason to my set-up (how my characters had gotten in contact)

(this was my original idea i came to the lecture with, what pitched and gotten feedback on)

The set up idea my group had given me, was, to have my main character Julius contact Toru by email in the opening scene, doing this would help the audience to establish a reason to why Julius is walking through Chatham town center to meet Toru. Further expanding upon this set up, the audience would be able to establish the time and date for the meet and also the set location, plus a short explanation as to why Julius is messaging Toru, thus creating more build up around the meeting of these two characters.

Here is a fact sheet that we had to fill out, it’s also a summary of what I had created at the end of today’s Pitch & development session (on there I have my amended pitch that I will explain in the feedback conclusion)


 

 Feedback


At the end of today’s pitch and development lab session, we pitched our ideas for “The Meeting” to our unit lecturer Simon. The feedback I received was, he understood that it’s a story about someone trying to find them-self, however, because I didn’t narrow it down in my original pitch (in speech marks below) as to what the newfound abilities of Julius was, I could leave the audience open to think about anything, i.e. even though its about super powers, It could be turned from a super power movie to a normal everyday situation.  So based off of this feedback I amended my pitch to focus on what it is Julius specifically wants answer for so that the audience is able to establish straight away what type of story this is.

Original pitch idea
Demanding answers for his newfound ability, Julius finds himself in over his head as the truth is slowly revealed about his cursed inner secret.”




Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Followers

Andrei Allen. Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © Andrei Allen UCA Broadcast Media Blog -Black Rock Shooter- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan