Posted by : Unknown Friday 27 September 2013




In this Blog post, I’m going to try and break down and take you through my thought process in coming up with my idea for “The Meeting”
It’s going to be a loooooooong post so have make sure you have your cup of coffee next to you!

Unit introduction: the idea and pitch
23rd September
During the lecture when we was handed this brief, I started to brainstorm over ideas that I had for this project by jotting them down on the project brief sheet, so that if I liked any of them I could expand upon it.


Pre writing
24th September
In this lecture, Simon Welsford set us a task to create a story called the meeting whilst working in pairs with another member of my class (Click link for post). This helped me towards coming up with better ideas because it gave me a more structural thought process when trying to think of an idea for a short story.


Later on that night I had what you would call “Balcony time”, where I sat down on my chair on my balcony with my Sheesha pipe, a case of beers, note pad, phone, and brain stormed over ideas for “The Meeting”.  




While brainstorming these quick ideas, I kept in mind the (goal, problem, change,) structure/format that we had discussed/explored on the 23rd and 24th and also been shown an example of in a short film called “Soft” by Simon Ellis (click link to watch)




When I’d thought I had a good idea to work on, I then further expanded upon this idea by developing it into a story and a pitch



The idea I thought of was inspired by a Character called MR.5 from an anime that I usually watch called “One Piece” and also off of a tutorial I’d saw on Youtube based off of the “Night Crawler” FX

This is the character from One piece that inspired me to create my character with the abilities to use his snot as an explosive


This is the FX I watched on Youtube that I wanted my Second character, the one with the answers to be able to use
                                     


Where screenwriting is totally new to me, so that I could help further my idea later on in my project, I took pictures of my set location that I was going to use, so that when we’re to write the script, I pretty much have an idea of my set locations make up (design) so I can be as descriptive as I want.
Even though we’re to do this later on in the production stage of our unit, I thought might as well get a draft of it now, as the location is part of the route I use to commute home. (keep in mind that the time of the location is set at night even tho i took the pics during the afternoon)



So yea, there is my thought process as to how I came up with my idea for "The Meeting".

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Followers

Andrei Allen. Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © Andrei Allen UCA Broadcast Media Blog -Black Rock Shooter- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan