Posted by : Unknown Friday 21 November 2014



So that i could get a rough idea of the sort of shots that i could pull off inside the boxing gym, when i went down there whilst location scouting i also took some test shots of people training; to see how the footage would look, especially where i was filming on my new camera which i have not used before.


These test shots were done using my sony A7S with a 50mm f1.8 lens.

My camera setting was Picture profile 7 using Sony's Slog2 which is a flat colour profile and the native ISO for this profile is 3200 and my Kelvin setting was 3000K (incadescent)

I  was also recording at 50p (50 frames per second progressive with the AVCHD file format)


The audio was recorded using the cameras built in mic





I filmed at f1.8 because i wanted to have the shallow depth of field in my shots, and also so that i could rack focus only leaving a small segment of the footage in focus, where i wanted to give my footage that gritty feel, as i was also using my camera handheld.


When i go back to film Grant training, I'm going to ask for the music to be switched off, as it would mess up the continuity of the shots with the music being inconsistent.

I may also shoot at 25p instead of 50p to give the footage more of a move feel, as there would be a bit more motion blur on the shots where there's less frame being recorded per second.


Here's some still's from the test shot video i created

The main thing i like, and what i want to aim for with my short film is the Dirty frame feel for most of my shots, having something in the foreground out of focus whilst I'm capturing the main action in the 'mid ground.

Where i like the flat look on the footage, i may stick with it, as it makes the footage look washed out, kinda of desaturated and dreamlike, especially where there's a nice lens flare coming from the tube light above the boxing ring.











This is the look that i want to try and aim for throughout my film, hopefully i can keep the look consistent.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Followers

Andrei Allen. Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © Andrei Allen UCA Broadcast Media Blog -Black Rock Shooter- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan