Posted by : Unknown Tuesday 12 November 2013



I have altered my script and from it have my 4th draft.
The reason i've done this is because i had some problems with my original set location, so i had to choose another one, which conveniently worked out better.
Because i now know where im filming, i've edited another draft to my script taking into account the environment  of my set location, trying to be as descriptive but subtle as possible, so that if a DOP is to view my script, they would understand my vision on certain scenes.

Here is my fourth Draft







Conclusion
What i've learnt from this experience is that even tho its good to have a location in mind that you'd like to use, don't structure your script using that specific location because things might not go according to how you want them to, the place you choose you might not be able to use.. And that happened to be the case with my original set location i chose, the shop owners were indecisive and taking long to get back to me which i couldn't gamble on waiting for an answer from them.
In the future if i'm writing a screenplay, unless confirmed before hand about my set location, il try and take a 'universal' set location approach at describing the location, and then after i confirm my set location draft another version of my script to the new confirmed set locations

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Followers

Andrei Allen. Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © Andrei Allen UCA Broadcast Media Blog -Black Rock Shooter- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan