Posted by : Unknown Tuesday 26 April 2016





Having had a brief meeting with Helen just before we broke up for the easter holidays, she looked over the structure of my portrait documentary and suggested that it would be easier for me to form it into a documentary script as it would give me a clearer idea of what i have, and what coverage i need to get, helping me to further structure my narrative structure.

So that i could have an idea of the order in which i’d like this portrait documentary to progress, i created a script that helped provide some form of order and structure to the narrative, plus to help guide me as to what i want to show and tell, plus what coverage i may need in order to bring the story to life.

Writing this script was kind of hard for me as i haven’t done it in a while, and took me longer than i had expected, as whilst i was writing it, i was trying to vision what locations Oli has got access to that we could film at. So, although i had the story in structured form, i had to kind of re-write it and place it into the script explaining to myself, what will be taking place as Oli is talking about specific instances within his story.

Some parts of the script is left blank, as with those particular shots, at the time of writing the script i was unsure as what to put there, however, as the script is a working progress, even though i have selected shots at the desired parts of the story - the story itself and the shots could change.

The script uploaded is just like a blueprint template to help guide me as to what i need to do. Even though i have selected shots down, anything on the script could change.

(insert script on scribbed)







Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Followers

Andrei Allen. Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © Andrei Allen UCA Broadcast Media Blog -Black Rock Shooter- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan